MY ORDER TOOK LONGER THAN 2-3 DAYS TO ARRIVE, IS IT SAFE TO EAT?
The USDA has determine hard cheeses (all cheddars) can be shipped at room temperature and, in fact, can be stored at room temperature until opened. Here at Oregon Maiden we have opted to take it up a notch and cold pack all our cheeses. We want you & your gift recipient to know the cheddar cheese is safe to eat despite any shipping delays it may have experienced. The USDA guide for MAIL ORDER FOOD SAFETY is a good read for all consumers. We have taken the extra step of labeling each order and having gift packers write sign off on each order the pack with the date and their name so gift recipients will know it was packed fresh the day it actually shipped.
We are more concerned about freezing this time of year! Some people say they freeze cheese and it tastes just fine! We won't be freezing cheese for shipment anytime soon . . . although we are a little less worried now about the product quality being affected by cold, cold temps. Delays in northern regions meant your package was waiting in walk-in cooler like temperatures...
ALL SUMMER SAUSAGE
All the summer sausage we use is wood smoked, cured and therefore shelf stable. The summer sausage does not require refrigeration even though it may be displayed in grocery store cooler by lunch meats (so people can find it). It DOES need to be refrigerated once opened/cut into.
There are also reasons beyond our control:
- Inexplicable delays in USPS distribution
- Seemingly any deliver that had the misfortune of move through the Philidelphia, PA shipping hub
- Your gift order has actually arrived , but delivery was never scanned by USPS outsourced final delivery service. Please verify with recipient.
- Your label was damaged and could not be scanned and is sitting in a bin in a corner somewhere waiting to be shipped back to us if they can still read that part of the label . . . "when they get to it"!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SHIPPING & REFUNDS
- We ship every day except Sunday depending on the shipping days (1-3) to destination when gift baskets contain perishable cheese or chocolate.
- We do not recommend shipping to PO Boxes unless you take responsibility for coordinating notification to recipient.
- Please verify the recipient receives door to door mail delivery by local post office. We are not responsible for items delivered to PARCEL LOCKERS .
- Please know that if the recipient is not home and we were unable to deliver the package, this does not qualify as missing the delivery.
- Should the third party shipper place delivery in a post office or mail room “Locker” associated with the delivery address, said item is considered delivered. Please check whether your recipient has a mail room, reception, receiving or security/access issue that would affect the delivery.
- If the item is delivered to the doorstep of recipient and not noticed because recipients enter thru garage and didn’t see it, the item does not qualify for refund. Please either notify sender of delivery tracking or track carefully so you can give them a call once delivered.
- Please be sure recipient isn’t traveling 3-5 days before or after target delivery date as third party shippers may experience any of the aforementioned shipping delays. It is best just not to risk a tight delivery window when the possibility exists recipient may not be home.
- Make extended delivery time allowances during any major gift giving holiday or occasion. Oregon Maiden is not responsible for delivery delays caused by an overwhelmed delivery system during a known holiday rush season, especially when combined with the affects of weather on ground & air transportation nationwide, or an economy affected by a worldwide pandemic.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ? Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log into your online account to send direct message regarding your order.
WE RECOMMEND THESE GREAT GIFT SENDING TIPS:
Double check your recipient’s shipping address. Family & Friends move and your software may auto populate the address with out of date information.
- Verify recipient lives on a postal home delivery route and/or notify them they need to check their po box.
Make sure your party is going to be home to receive a package during estimated delivery date range.
Notify your recipient a package is on the way.
When sending to a business verify days of week hours open especially while work-from-home scenarios are in place.
Oregon Maiden Gift Baskets is not responsible for the performance of third party shippers due to weather, acts of God & Mother Nature, socio-economic crisis, theft, labor strikes or high volume holiday shipping traffic.
Incorrect addresses may delay shipment. Your order may be subject to additional charges for address correction or forwarding by postal or shipping services... ( we haven't charged yet, but it becomes quite costly to reship fresh orders for free when it wasn't our doing:)
FRESH EXPRESS shipping logistics refers to the careful shipping & handling process provided by Oregon Maiden Gift Basket Company gift packers to maximize the amount of time your perishable gift items remain refrigerated and at food safe temperatures during order fulfillment. We utilize USPS for the final delivery to recipient’s door for gift baskets containing perishable items such as cheeses, chocolates, etc.
To ensure your gift arrives in perfect condition, we recommend shipping to a street address, not a P.O. Box. Oregon Wine, Beer & Cider Gift Basket shipments can not be delivered via USPS. Please do not send perishable foods to a US post office box. Oregon Maiden will not send perishable foods to overseas military bases.
Every order containing perishable cheeses is packed in a thermal lined shipping container with reusable, food safe frozen gel packs. Cheeses should arrive cold or cool to the touch and be refrigerated upon arrival. Cheese & Meat Gift boxes are shipped USPS 2-3 day air for $14.95 Nationwide. UPS 2nd day air, often twice the price, means the second day after it ships. UPS does not guarantee shipping at any price in the face of inclement weather. Sometimes packages are rerouted to avoid extreme weather conditions and end up taking twice as long. After years of shipping cheese and meat gift boxes we’ve determined USPS the most dependable, cost effective method of shipping for our customers.
SHIPPING ALCOHOL: WINE, BEER & CIDER GIFT BASKETS
You, the customer, are responsible to make a decision at time of check out on best shipping option in consideration of the current weather/route/holiday season to your recipient’s destination. No third party shipper guarantees delivery in the face of inclement weather anywhere along the shipping route, no matter how much money is spent and neither can we. Please do not waste your money on 2 day or overnight shipping via UPS or Fed Ex as there is NO GUARANTEE of timely delivery! Please consider it is always a good day to get a present . . . and your friends and family will appreciate a call or text from you letting them know a gourmet taste of Oregon is on the way! For last minute gifts please consider an e gift card.
Quantities are limited and orders are subject to availability, especially during peak gift giving seasons & occasions. If, after taking your order, an item becomes unavailable, or extreme weather conditions along shipping path require replacing with item that won't be damaged by melting or freezing, etc., we may substitute an item of equal or greater value. We consider the type of item, flavor, value and theme of gift.